• Welcome to geospatial Online (gO).
    This is a brand new website that contains a plethora of forums because the Geospatial industry is HUGE.
    Please look around, join in, and don't forget to introduce yourself in our "New Member Introductions" forum.

Information The AutoDesk & Esri Partnership = BIM + GIS

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
Webcast from May 16, 2018. Click below to view it.

BIM and GIS? Together? Find out what all the talk has been about. In this webcast, Autodesk Technical Marketing Manager, Wes Newman, and Rafael Fernandes, AEC Solution Engineer from Esri, will discuss the benefits of the new partnership, the current state of solution integrations, and the possibilities for the future.

Topics include:
  • Esri and Autodesk: Why the partnership?
  • Current day solution workflows.
  • Preview of work in progress.
  • The possibilities: Future direction!

http://civil-community.autodesk.com/2018/05/may-16th-webcast-autodesk-esri-partnership-bim-gis/

fpparker

gO Member
Founding Member
Philip,

It's crazy to see these two collaborate. I worked on a couple of projects in school trying to merge the two using a tool called Grasshopper and Rhino 3D. I wanted to create a one to one tool to run site analysis, because Rhino offers more open source and better solutions than Arc Scene or Arc Map, at least at the time. I'll be going to the engineering summit in July and plan on attending the BIM integration seminar.

This is an example of what I was working with (not my own work). The idea has been around for a long time, but we've been abusing these tools to force them to do what we want, including making a non-BIM or non-data integrated program mimic a data enriched solution.

Frank

fpparker

gO Member
Founding Member
Hey Phillip,

Guess what kind of work I just secured today? A BIM GIS integration project for a large scale water treatment plant. I'm to configure a model for maintenance tracking of all the machines within the plant. Goes beyond what SCADA can offer. I'm freaking pumped! (Get it). Will keep posted once I get the project up and running.

Frank

OP
OP
Philip

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
Hey Phillip,

Guess what kind of work I just secured today? A BIM GIS integration project for a large scale water treatment plant. I'm to configure a model for maintenance tracking of all the machines within the plant. Goes beyond what SCADA can offer. I'm freaking pumped! (Get it). Will keep posted once I get the project up and running.

Frank
That's Great! Definitely keep us posted. Good luck with that project. (Be careful of the water you drink, as well. Don't drink from the non-potable spigot.) ;)