- Apr 17, 2018
The GIS SaaS company partners with U.S. water districts to donate equipment to water regions in the Philippines.
World Water Day brings attention to the importance of keeping our global water supplies clean and safe, and to make sure that citizens worldwide have access to potable water.
This World Water Day on March 22, the motto is “Leaving No One Behind.” It is part of the United Nations’ 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, of which number Sustainable Development Goal 6 (SDG6) is “water for all by 2030.”
The statistics of those without access to clean and safe water are alarming:
- 2.1 billion people worldwide are without safe water at home
- More than 700 children under the age of five die every day from diarrhea linked to unsafe water and poor sanitation
- Globally, 80% of people who have to use hazardous and unprotected water sources live in rural areas
- Around 4 billion people – nearly two-thirds of the world’s population – experience severe water scarcity during at least one month of the year
- 700 million people worldwide could be displaced by intense water scarcity by 2030
It is with these facts and SDGs in mind that Nobel Systems is taking part in providing solutions and resources to those in need.
Continue reading Nobel Systems Provides Grants to Water Districts in Need at The GIS Blog.