News New feature to be added...Site will go down for installation

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
I have another improvement I would like to make to the website. Unfortunately, this one will require the website to be taken down while I work on it. Estimated time for downtime, 1-2 hours.

What improvement does this add? This will add some new tabs above the forums: Home, Education, Industry, Niche/Technical. (This is not part of the main menu.)

Why?
Basically this will be a quick way to access the separate categories of forums.

When?
It will probably be Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday evening (US Mountain time) of this week.

Problems?
I do not perceive any problems. I already have it running on a test site. However, I will need to move around several forums. There may be a slight change there, but ultimately they should not change on the home tab (first page).

Questions?

OP
Philip

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
I was able to get the new tabs implemented with the website going down for only 30 seconds. Much less than the hour or more that I was warning about. I still have one or two more tabs to create, but for the most part, they are done. I hope they come in handy for you.

A hint: click the geospatialOnline logo to go back to the main listing, which is also the Home tab.

Please let me know if you have any problems.
Thanks

Attachments

Next >