Other New cloud GIS platform looking for beta testers

mrb17

gO Newbie
Hi everyone, we are looking for testers for our newly launched EOS Platform.

It is a cloud-based platform you can use to work with geospatial data. There are 4 tools included, each has its own functions and they all are mutually integrated, which means you can quickly switch between various tasks and use same data across all the tools.

So, here are some things you can do:
- search, preview and download satellite and airborne images - Sentinel-1,2, Landsat 8,7,MODIS, NAIP, etc. - and calculate spectral indices on the fly /this is a tool called Landviewer/

- save the found images or upload your own from computer, store them in the cloud, share and distribute /this tool would be EOS Storage/

- apply image processing algorithms, you’ll find some basic ones like raster calculator, merge, pansharpening, and the more cool ones built for certain industries (flood detection, forest classification, ag land borders detection, object detection and more)
/This is EOS Processing/

- visualize vector data and create maps /EOS Vision/

EOS Platform is in open BETA: https://eos.com/platform

And there’s no limit on testers, so everyone is welcome to give it a try and post questions or suggestions to this thread!

Anyone interested?

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
Thanks! I'm going to try and find a little time this weekend to play around.

OP

mrb17

gO Newbie
Philip, did you have a chance to look at the platform? Got any comments to share?

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
Philip, did you have a chance to look at the platform? Got any comments to share?
I did play around with it, but not too much. I have not had a great amount of time to devote to it, like I was hoping, but that was because I was working on the new Resources section (now open, as of yesterday). Now that the Resources are open, I'll try to play with it more.

From what I saw, I really liked the interface. It was extremely easy and aesthetically great. Hopefully a few other people around here can take some time to lay with it, as well.

OP

mrb17

gO Newbie
Thanks, Philip! I hope you'll have time to explore our platform to the fullest.

We're in need of honest unbiased opinions from GIS community since we're making the platform for their use in the first place.

Btw, we added Sentinel-1 dataset and 3d visualization to LandViewer (one of EOS Platform's tools). It's also fun to play around with!