What's new

Hello Morbid greetings ?

CodeMacabre

gO Member
Founding Member
Hello everyone,

I'm Myles. I happened upon this site thanks to @pokateo sharing it on LinkedIn. A little about me; I wear several hats, most of them map-based:
  1. I work as a learning technologist at Cardiff University. I primarily use CAD, GIS and graphics software to teach (staff and students) and do graphic design for the School of Geography and Planning.
  2. I also moonlight in freelance web development under the name CodeMacabre (hence the username), focusing on maps, space and with a slant toward the morbid.
  3. I do a lot of open source and volunteer work; I'm a developer (and on the BoD) for the non-profit OpenPlanetary, where we're currently working on building a detailed vector map of Mars, along with other social / science / space outreach projects.
I've always got some project on the go and I'm sure I'll post about them elsewhere. Thank you to @Philip for starting this community (and great work on the nicely-designed forums). I hope to meet more mapnerds and geogeeks! I'm @CodeMacabre virtually everywhere; find me and say hello.

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
How morbid. ?

Hello, Myles. Welcome to gO!

I really would like educational institutes to begin to use this website as a tool, by both students and educators. If there is anyway that we can help Cardiff University, please let me know and let fellow coworkers, instructors, and students know that are here. We have forums for educational discussions, as well.

If there are any "morbid" projects you can share on this site, please do. You have me intrigued.

Regarding OpenPlanetary, you may want to discuss the project in the forum, Planetary GIS. I'd be interested in seeing some of your work.

Again, welcome to gO.

OP
CodeMacabre

CodeMacabre

gO Member
Founding Member
Thanks, @Philip! I'll definitely point colleagues and students here; I'm a big proponent of self- and community-led learning. I think this could be an invaluable resource. Thanks for pointing out the Planetary GIS forum too, I'll keep an eye on that.

The 'morbid' theme came from my first GIS project, a mortality map (as well as a love of all things macabre). I'm re-working it at the moment, but I'll definitely share it here when it's a bit more complete.

< Previous | Next >

Changes Are Happening Now!

Forums have been reorganized. Threads have been moved. Sorry for the trouble. I am about 90% complete as of 07/15/2019.