Advice Mapping

DeepTrout10

gO Newbie
Hi, I've created a map of Europe in ArcGIS with a number of locations indicated (attached) to be included in a paper about the Iron Age. The reviewers state that the map should not have modern countries in it but should show the extent of the Celtic La Tene culture (see attached). How do I go about producing it?
Thanks

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
My first thoughts...
Try to find a service available showing the extent of lands throughout time. See if one is available for use as a service that you can consume. If that is not available, then I would suggest finding a good quality map of the time and digitize the "countries(?)". Do you understand what I mean?

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
If I am understanding this correctly, the map on the left, with the yellow and greens, is the map that you need to combine with the regular Europe map. If so, what I would do is to use ArcGIS to georectify the image to Europe. then digitize new polygons showing the target areas. I guess it depends on your license level. If you cannot do that, then try your best to create a new polygon layer in ArcGIS and draw the boundary as good as you can. That way you have the map of Europe with the yellow and green polygons showing with the city points. Is that the planned output?

< Previous | Next >