Hello Hello from someone who is quite confused.

booiethemobs

gO Newbie
Hi There,

I am 36 and currently working my first job as a software engineer (I went to University quite late in life). I have no experience of GIS, but have been tasked with rebuilding an openlayers webserver that nobody in the company has any idea about, as it was a contractor who initially set it up. As part of this I have stubled upon and used qGIS.
I'm currently most of the way through the project and have found the very small amount of time I have been working with geospatal data the most interesting, and would like to learn more about its uses and how to use tools like qGIS or arcGIS.

Aside from messing about with servers and code, In my spare time I like computer games, especially retro. I still own every handheld Ninteno console and am working on my home console collection, I also enjoy both riding motorcycles and maintaining them.

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
First of all, welcome to geospatial Online!

Judging from your post, you are exactly the type of person that tends to fall in love with GIS. It's been years since I have played with OpenLayers. I need to play around some more. QGIS is a great program as well. If I remember correctly, it comes with good tutorials or has a website to tutorials.
I still have my (original) game boy. I spent a lot of time playing that thing. I also have some of the old consoles (NES, SNES, Genesis, etc) that I like to bring out every now and then.

Thank you for joining gO! I hope you become a vocal member here.

OP

booiethemobs

gO Newbie
Thanks Phillip.

I haven't been able to do anything for a week as I was sick, back to it now though. I am finding QGIS and OpenLayers a lot of fun. Especially as it is my thing in work and I have allready learned a lot more than I need. I've not even started on the tutorials yet for QGIS, it is so easy to use I've figured a lot out on my own.

The original Game boy is my favorite, it was the first console I ever owned.

Again thank you. I'm hoping I become vocal as well. I would like to both learn about GIS and maybe be able to help others in future.

< Previous | Next >