What's new

Help GPR with GPS

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
OK, I have a work question. I have never used a GPR, but understand it. I'd like to know what is out there when it comes to GPR that collects GPS coordinates or GIS database. The request was for me find out more about a GPR, and I am insisting that it needs to collect GIS data, as well, so that we can update our enterprise database.
So, what are your thoughts or experience with this?

Edit: I should also explain that this would probably be used to locate utilities and potential archaeological sites. The end user may not be 100% trained in GIS, but that's not a problem, because I'd train them.

Last edited:

Johnson5144

gO Newbie
I have seen a demo of the Leica DS2000 using their GG04 plus Smart Antenna for GNSS positioning. The software that accompanies the GPR will allow a user to export the a shapefile as well as other file formats. The demo I saw was directly related to utility data collection. As a test/proof of capability, then then excavated around the utility line to gauge accuracy in location and depth. accuracy to where was excavated was within a tenth of a foot horizontally and a few hundredths of a foot vertically I believe.

Changes Are Happening Now!

Forums have been reorganized. Threads have been moved. Sorry for the trouble. I am about 90% complete as of 07/15/2019.