Wanted GIS or CAD Software for 1984 Computer

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
Founding Member
I have a 1984 IBM 5155 Portable Computer that boots (from floppy) to Dos 3.3. I'm looking for any GIS or CAD software that I can use in it. Unfortunately, I don't have a method to transfer any software downloaded to a 5.25" floppy, therefore I'd have to have it shipped. PM me what you have and how much you want for it.

If you have a method to transfer from modern computer to a 5.25" floppy, please let me know.

983823.jpg

Captain

gO Member
gO Enthusiast
Feb 26, 2018
Raleigh, NC
In your hunt, if you come across a 286ish pc, I'd be interested. Or an old monochrome monitor that is less than vga (have an 386, but requires an older monitor). Essentially need a C: prompt on an old (slow) pc (laptops suffice as well). This is for programming old radios to be used with SAR (Search and Rescue) stuff.

Reactions: Philip
OP
Philip

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
Founding Member
In your hunt, if you come across a 286ish pc, I'd be interested. Or an old monochrome monitor that is less than vga (have an 386, but requires an older monitor). Essentially need a C: prompt on an old (slow) pc (laptops suffice as well). This is for programming old radios to be used with SAR (Search and Rescue) stuff.
I'm amazed sometimes with what I can get from Craigslist if I simply post what I'm looking for. That would be my recommendation...post a want ad on Craigslist. But, I'll keep looking for you.