Wanted GIS or CAD Software for 1984 Computer

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
I have a 1984 IBM 5155 Portable Computer that boots (from floppy) to Dos 3.3. I'm looking for any GIS or CAD software that I can use in it. Unfortunately, I don't have a method to transfer any software downloaded to a 5.25" floppy, therefore I'd have to have it shipped. PM me what you have and how much you want for it.

If you have a method to transfer from modern computer to a 5.25" floppy, please let me know.

983823.jpg

Captain

gO Newbie
gO Enthusiast
In your hunt, if you come across a 286ish pc, I'd be interested. Or an old monochrome monitor that is less than vga (have an 386, but requires an older monitor). Essentially need a C: prompt on an old (slow) pc (laptops suffice as well). This is for programming old radios to be used with SAR (Search and Rescue) stuff.

OP
Philip

Philip

geospatial Online
Staff Member
gO Business
Business Rep
Founding Member
In your hunt, if you come across a 286ish pc, I'd be interested. Or an old monochrome monitor that is less than vga (have an 386, but requires an older monitor). Essentially need a C: prompt on an old (slow) pc (laptops suffice as well). This is for programming old radios to be used with SAR (Search and Rescue) stuff.
I'm amazed sometimes with what I can get from Craigslist if I simply post what I'm looking for. That would be my recommendation...post a want ad on Craigslist. But, I'll keep looking for you.

Next >