Adding an event to the calendar:
The calendar makes it simple to add an event. It also creates a new thread for your event for discussions. You can also download an iCal (.ics) file to update the calendar on your phone.
1) Click on the Calendar tab
2) Click on the 'Submit event' button (upper right)
3) Fill in the event title. This becomes the title on the thread that gets created, as well.
4) Fill in as much information as possible into the Description box.
5) Complete the Venue/Location. If its online, you can put the URL in this box.
6) Address: Add an address if there is a physical location.
7) Upload an image, if you have a flyer or banner. If not, do not worry about it. This is optional.
8) Enable RSVP allows members to RSVP to these events. All members can view the RSVP list.
9) Choose a forum where the thread will be post.
10) Complete the date(s) & time(s) of the event.
11) If the event repeats, then modify, as needed.
12) Click Save.
All events need to get approved before they get placed in the calendar.
The event thread gets automatically created. Currently, the thread will get added into the "Conferences, Events, and Meetings" forum or the "Workshops & Available Classes" forum (depending on your selection). If your event should be posted in another forum, such as a Geospatial Open Source group, then you are welcome to create a thread within that forum (the Open Source forum, in this example) and link to the calendar.
If you have trouble, feel free to contact us.